1. USA : President George W. Bush has announced the new american strategy for
restoring creating stability in Iraq. The strategy involves the deployment of an extra 22,000 American soldiers into Iraq, despite the majority of the American people that want the troops back, and not the opposite. New Strategy = Old Strategy + 22,000. Subtracting the 3000 soldiers that were killed from the beginning of the American-led military intervention in Iraq back in 2003. 2. Iraq :
A new video
that shows the corpse of the late president has been released, it clearly shows there's a controversial patch of blood and bruising on his left cheek.
3. Iraq : Article 290 from the Iraqi Judicial Trialling Law states that no executions should be preformed against a convict during a religious festivity to him. Saddam Hussein was hanged in the morning of December 30th, 2006, the first day of Eid Al-Adha.
4. Iraq :The same people who amateurly supervised and preformed the execution against President Saddam Hussein are the same people who amateurly rule Iraq. The very same people who cowardly hid their faces proved that the government is controlled by sectarian influence and hidden faced Iranians. The level of involvement was obvious from how soon the execution was preformed after it being approved by the appeal court due to Iranian pressures, to make sure that no details about the Anfal and Halabja cases are revealed during the trials.
5. International : Human Rights Watch
calls the appeal court even more flawed than the trialling court.
6. Iraq : Iraq will only have stability if the cowards that have more sectarian and self loyalty than they have national loyalty or patriotism are eliminated. People who don't want to hold grudges anymore, and who want to forget about the past in order to live for the future. People like the Dujail Witness who confessed that he was pressured into lying on stand, and giving a 'zoor' statement [I'm sorry I can't remember his name], and Mr. Mishan Al-Jboori who recited Al-Fatiha on President Saddam Hussein's soul despite the fact that his brother, and wife's brother were killed by the Saddam Regime.
Listen to this comment from a high-ranking American official: "It became clear that if we were prepared to stay the course, we could help to lay the cornerstone for a diverse and independent Asia…If we faltered, the forces of chaos would scent victory and decades of strife and aggression would stretch endlessly before us. The choice was clear. We would stay the course. And we shall stay the course.”
That is not President Bush speaking. It is President Lyndon Johnson, forty years ago, ordering a hundred thousand more American soldiers to Vietnam.
Here is another quotation. “The big problem is to get territory and to keep it. You can get it today and it will be gone next week. That is the problem. You have to have enough people to clear it…and enough people to preserve what you have done.”
That is not President Bush on the need for more forces in Iraq. It is President Johnson in 1966 as he doubled our military presence in Vietnam.
Those comparisons from history resonate painfully in today’s debate on Iraq. In Vietnam, the White House grew increasingly obsessed with victory, and increasingly divorced from the will of the people and any rational policy. The Department of Defense kept assuring us that each new escalation in Vietnam would be the last. Instead, each one led only to the next.
7. USA : "Iraq is George Bush's Vietnam"
said anti-war democratic senator Edward Kennedy, who submit a legislation to prevent from the deployment of any more troops into Iraq. Especially that support rates
dropped to an unprecedented 70 percent against the american presence in Iraq.
8. Lebanon :
Remember those assassinations the Israeli army carried out against Hamas activists Ahmed Yaseen & Abdulazeez al-Ranteesi ? Expect one against Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah soon. The CIA have been given the go-ahead
to take covert action against Hizbollah. This mainly means the CIA can provide financial and logistical support and intelligence facilities to support Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora. This also secretly
authorizes the funding of Anti-Hizaollah groups. Read the link above, I have to quote this "The secrecy of the finding means that US involvement is officially deniable."1. Somalia :
Mmmmm, Can someone please explain to me how the Americans are helping Ethiopia by air striking
Somalia to what they claimed to be following Qaeda members ? No really, I wanna know .
Too long, and stupid .. I know, I'll post something more
cheerful later, Meanwhile, check out those links (which most of are in Arabic) 
Labels: Analysis, Blog(s), Just Pisses Me Off, Life
;By Phat, at
January 12, 2007 4:22 AM
gNo boredom at all :).
Keep Fingering "thumbs up".
[Post a Comment]