Name : Mohammed

Age : 17

About : Free. Spam. Sex. Penis Enlargement. Online Dating. Webcams. XXX. Make Money Now. Join Adult Group. Please Update Your Credit Card Information. Free iTunes Downloads. Welcome To The Junkbox


g Jobs & Gates : Sweet Sweet Love
g There's No Sure In Insurance
g I'm feeling ...
g Tune In : 102.7
g Daddy Like : A Wee Goal
g Post Fifty
g Driving A Charger ...
g Size Matters
g Germany Tries, Germany Fails
g Car Trouble ....


 

       
                        Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix


 

g January 2006
g October 2006
g November 2006
g December 2006
g January 2007
g February 2007
g March 2007
g April 2007
g May 2007
g June 2007
g July 2007
g August 2007
g September 2007
g October 2007
g November 2007
g December 2007
g January 2008
g February 2008
g March 2008
g April 2008
g May 2008
g June 2008
g July 2008
g August 2008
g September 2008
g December 2008
g January 2009
g February 2009
g March 2009

 

 

g Bogus

g NezitiC [x]

g PizzaQueen

g Rossonero

g Nella

g Arabian Prince

g Snooky

g NaBHaN

g Absomaniac

g The Muscati's

g NightFace
g Human's Mechanic
g Phat
g Fast Hacking
g Frozen Echo (M987)
g Fatamoo

g Oblivious
g Silent Waves
g Amjad
g مال الحنافش

 

 


; Internet
g
Wikipedia
g Blogger (Blogspot)
g Gmail
g Google
g IMDb
g Babel Fish
g YouTube
g Live365 Internet Radio
g Odeo
g 4Shared Hosting

; Forums
g
سبلة العرب
g سبلة عمان
g OmanForum
g English Sabla Forum
g OmanServ Forum

; Blogging & Special Blogs
g
Saudi Blog Aggregator
g Bloggers4Oman
g المدونات العمانية
g Ahmed Al-Najad

; News
g
QJ Network
g Engadget
g Joystiq
g Autoblog
g TheWeek
g Digital Photography Review

; Internet Shows
g
The Hotspot Podcast Show
g The Liquid Generation Show Podcast
g The 1UP Show Video Podcast
g PurePwnage

; بالعربي ...
g
منتديات موقع الألعاب العربي
g منتديات جيم ماستر للألعاب
g منتديات المشاغب
g منتديات نقاش الحب

 

 

g Comedy
g Funny
g Music
g Comedy
g Rants
g Gaming
g Life
g Me
g Technology
g Oman
g Blog(s)

g Movies
g TV
g Analysis
g Just Pisses Me Off

g Photography

g Internet


 






 

=================

None of the material in this blog is copyrighted
Intellectual theft strongly welcomed

Artwork and Layout : TI3GIB
Image Courtesy : MXPX - Before Everything Cover
This blog is best viewed on Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox 2

@ 1024X768 Resolution.

First Launched at : January 5th, 2007
=================

   

Computer Bliss
By TI3GIB @ Friday, June 01, 2007
[10 Comments][Permalink]

This has to be the worst computer bad luck streak of my life. I can't live without digital harmony, all the components of the desktops, laptops, external drives, media centers playing together flawlessly. An orgy of wires and thousands of lines and lines of code.

This week however, had ruined everything. Everything stopped working, it's like the Y2K bug of 2007. First of all, my USB PCI board stopped working, I couldn't transfer anything to and from my external hard drives which was an extremely big hassle because I wanted to format the computer because it's been having some issues lately.

I forget about that and move on, and do the format, and when I'm done formatting, reinstalling Windows XP Pro, installing all the programs I use, and bringing back all the files, the router dies on me. My 21 month year old Linksys WAG54G drops all wired connections leaving 4 confused network stations and only the wireless connection accessible.

After numerous contacting with the Linksys customer care department, and after two firmware upgrades (one of which is not final) the wired connections are brought back, they work very dodgily and drop out every other while randomly. I've read around and it seems that some capicitators die from the unit's bad heat dissipating design. Since the unit is still under warranty, I'm talking to them right now and will be asking for an RMA to return the unit for physical refurbishment or replacement.

The Speedstream 5100 modem I got when I first applied for ADSL connection is still with me and so I tried putting that in. Not so surprisingly, the stupid idiots from Omantel changed the device's IP address to something different which can't be reset since the device doesn't have a physical hard reset button. I can't even access my files from my recently purchased 1 Terabyte LaCie Ethernet drive, and when I try connecting it through USB it's slow as hell (the USB is working again, for now).

After I've finished the format and reinstall of the new Windows, I thought that it would be a good idea to try out the Linux Ubuntu operating system and so I pop the CD into the drive and boot from it. I'm (big shock) welcome with a string of errors which don't let me access the install page.

The techno gods are obviously mad at me, but what have I done .. ?

Labels: , ,


10 Comments:

;By Blogger NiGhTFaCe, at June 01, 2007 7:11 AM  
gYou can simply know the address of your gateway by going to Start > Run, type cmd. In the command window, type ipconfig.

The default gateway address will be your gateway's for sure.

 

;By Blogger Amjad, at June 01, 2007 12:15 PM  
gI know why all this is happening ..

Remember the picture you posted in OmanServ of ALL your hard drives? I guess you now got what I mean .. :-p ..

people feehom 7asad la, :-D including me *hides face*

 

;By Blogger Nella, at June 02, 2007 8:31 PM  
g^LOL! he posted a picture of ALL his hard drives? hahaha

fashari! umm,..(show off)
and i guess Amjad's right..
dude! 7asad!
you're Omani, you should know better :P

 

;By Blogger Snooky, at June 03, 2007 8:12 AM  
gI don't give a shit about your tech crisis... You got the TB drive !? I really hate you now and we're no longer friends. I am suffering with two 40GB, two 80GB, and a 20GB drives. I have to go through the torture of plugging and unplugging and dealing with the internal slots like a surgent. That's due to my tragic loss of my only external rack a while back.

Although about three months ago a light of hope shined above through the skies when only one TB frive arrived here in Doha. A stupid SOB got it before me. I'm sure there are others in stores here and that's why I hate myself for typing what I'm typing instead of going the hell there and get me one.

You're living a bliss just by owning that baby, asshole.

 

;By Blogger TI3GIB, at June 03, 2007 12:36 PM  
gNightface
That would tell me my gateway's IP, but there's no connection at all between them.

Amjad
Toba

Nella
No ! It wasn't like that ... It was like just sharing pics of what I did that day ...

Snooky
I've been there friend. For like, four years I was stuck with ONE stupid 40 Gig drive, then came the 80 for a year, and now this one.

About the TB drive, you can wait for 30 days and get one of the internet for a pretty good deal, they're out of stock every where and I was just lucky to snatch one. LaCie also JUST (yesterday) announced their new 2TB drive, that has two 1 TB drives on RAID0 setup. It's cheap, but it's expensive compared to two of these, it's 1100$ from the manufacturer, which means they'll sell for around 900$. Still more expensive

I love you too ..

 

;By Blogger NiGhTFaCe, at June 03, 2007 2:20 PM  
gSo how are you trying to reset/configure it if there is no connection between the two?!

 

;By Blogger TI3GIB, at June 03, 2007 4:19 PM  
gNightface
By (Hard Reset), I meant a physical 'reset' button, those are the ones in the back that you usually can be pushed in with a pin or something to reset everything.

This model doesn't have one.

 

;By Blogger NiGhTFaCe, at June 04, 2007 1:25 AM  
gI know that.

If the modem & computer are not communicating now, how you can be sure they will after reseting it?!

There is a way to direct the connection to a specific address. But, I don't think it will work here.

 

;By Blogger TI3GIB, at June 04, 2007 2:32 AM  
gNightface
The router automatically rests it's IP to it's original factory IP 192.168.254.254 when hard resetted.

I disabled getting settings by HDCP and getting it manually, that didn't work either.

The Linksys is working now, but I'll try with this one more later, especially if I'll be sending it back to them.

 

;By Blogger NiGhTFaCe, at June 04, 2007 3:38 PM  
gI know it will rest it to the default address. But, my question was, how you can be sure it will work after that?!

Anyways, this Speed Stream modem is running out of time. So you can throw it away :p

 

[Post a Comment]