Name : Mohammed

Age : 17

About : Free. Spam. Sex. Penis Enlargement. Online Dating. Webcams. XXX. Make Money Now. Join Adult Group. Please Update Your Credit Card Information. Free iTunes Downloads. Welcome To The Junkbox


g Casual People & The News
g Dusty Music
g Did Steve Tell You That ?
g Oman Mobile, Fuck You
g Gonu Early Pictures - Oman Shaken
g Driving The Santa Fe
g Hurricane Gonu
g Mid Year
g Summer Plans (Part One : Books)
g Computer Bliss


 

       
                        Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix


 

g January 2006
g October 2006
g November 2006
g December 2006
g January 2007
g February 2007
g March 2007
g April 2007
g May 2007
g June 2007
g July 2007
g August 2007
g September 2007
g October 2007
g November 2007
g December 2007
g January 2008
g February 2008
g March 2008
g April 2008
g May 2008
g June 2008
g July 2008
g August 2008
g September 2008
g December 2008
g January 2009
g February 2009
g March 2009

 

 

g Bogus

g NezitiC [x]

g PizzaQueen

g Rossonero

g Nella

g Arabian Prince

g Snooky

g NaBHaN

g Absomaniac

g The Muscati's

g NightFace
g Human's Mechanic
g Phat
g Fast Hacking
g Frozen Echo (M987)
g Fatamoo

g Oblivious
g Silent Waves
g Amjad
g مال الحنافش

 

 


; Internet
g
Wikipedia
g Blogger (Blogspot)
g Gmail
g Google
g IMDb
g Babel Fish
g YouTube
g Live365 Internet Radio
g Odeo
g 4Shared Hosting

; Forums
g
سبلة العرب
g سبلة عمان
g OmanForum
g English Sabla Forum
g OmanServ Forum

; Blogging & Special Blogs
g
Saudi Blog Aggregator
g Bloggers4Oman
g المدونات العمانية
g Ahmed Al-Najad

; News
g
QJ Network
g Engadget
g Joystiq
g Autoblog
g TheWeek
g Digital Photography Review

; Internet Shows
g
The Hotspot Podcast Show
g The Liquid Generation Show Podcast
g The 1UP Show Video Podcast
g PurePwnage

; بالعربي ...
g
منتديات موقع الألعاب العربي
g منتديات جيم ماستر للألعاب
g منتديات المشاغب
g منتديات نقاش الحب

 

 

g Comedy
g Funny
g Music
g Comedy
g Rants
g Gaming
g Life
g Me
g Technology
g Oman
g Blog(s)

g Movies
g TV
g Analysis
g Just Pisses Me Off

g Photography

g Internet


 






 

=================

None of the material in this blog is copyrighted
Intellectual theft strongly welcomed

Artwork and Layout : TI3GIB
Image Courtesy : MXPX - Before Everything Cover
This blog is best viewed on Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox 2

@ 1024X768 Resolution.

First Launched at : January 5th, 2007
=================

   

Shloggerism
By TI3GIB @ Wednesday, June 20, 2007
[17 Comments][Permalink]

that's Shit.blogging.err.ism and there's a lot of it here in Oman. Not too long ago, Oman had a very avidly enthusiastic blogging scene. Forward to today, and you get the opposite, a dead, slow and boring scene lost in hibernation, or possibly, a comma.

Some of the very little people reading this are already getting an itch, and a million thoughts to go with. "Who are you to say anything ?", "You're not the best around", "What are YOU doing about it ?", "Damn, I'm thirsty" (what ?). I'd like to feel that I'm more concerned than I am involved. It would appear like I'm dodging that responsibility myself, but I hope I'm covered through addressing the issue by this entry.

The number of active bloggers has been decreasing steadily and radically over the last year, and if it continues at this rate, we -Omani bloggers- should be keyboard-silent in a few months from now. I don't know what the causes are, but I think time-management could be a big role. Too busy, is and excuse but not a reason, maybe laziness and routine and those could easily be dealt with.

Another reason is that some bloggers feel that they have nothing special going on in their personal lives to blog about, maybe that's true, but blogging doesn't necessarily have to involve your personal life. Mostly, I think it doesn't, it however does involve your personal opinion and if you don't have that, then we have a serious problem.

Blogging is a part of the internet experience, which cannot live with blogging alone, so if people have less reason or interest to go on the internet, then I believe that, too, could be a factor. A lot of the previously active bloggers were active forum-goers, and since the Omani forum scene has officially thrown the towel, and got replaced by the nazi-moderation-regime, a lot of those people felt repelled and driven away.

It's worrying, this wave of new forum-goers who have no respect to boundaries (not rules), grammar and spelling whatsoever. A young nation that would rather have more friends on MySpace, FaceBook, Hi5, Piczo (long list) than an opinion of their own and a unique remarkable personality. Personally, I think that's what blogging is all about expressing and enforcing your personality. If this new wave of internet-goers don't have personalities, then it would make perfect sense why the number of bloggers are decreasing instead of increasing.

I did not write this because I was running out of things to blog about, or because of my extreme sense of floccinaucinihilipilification, but because it's truly concerning, especially when comparing our blogging scene to Saudi Arabia, Bahrain or Kuwait, where these countries have blogging scenes that are taking things to the next level, with Vlogging (Video Blogging), Podcasting, and even influence on the local written media and political arena.

Do something about it.

Labels: , ,


17 Comments:

;By Blogger Amjad, at June 21, 2007 1:37 PM  
gSub7an Allah. I was feeling EXACTLY the same the minute before reading this post ti3gib.

I was checking various Omani blogs and most of them - if not all - were dead, then came your blog's turn and I found this post. I thought exactly the same. Why the Omani blogs are dying while the other blogs of GCC countries are going to the next level as you mention. It's kind of sad.

 

;By Blogger muscati, at June 21, 2007 7:20 PM  
gI don't know about why other people don't have time to blog, but as for myself I am just too busy. I can't blog on short breaks at work like others do because where I work the internet is very heavily filtered. I get home around 5 and the last thing I want to do is sit in front of a computer and write. Between work, family and my ill health the past few months, blogging is the thing that I sacrificed. I have tens of posts which I started and then saved as drafts and never finished.

I admit it, I'm a shitty blogger.

 

;By Blogger NiGhTFaCe, at June 22, 2007 3:13 AM  
gI am blogger. But, seriously I don't care about this whole scene!

 

;By Blogger Amjad, at June 22, 2007 4:58 PM  
gThis comment has been removed by the author.

 

;By Blogger Amjad, at June 22, 2007 4:59 PM  
gBy the way, 'blogging' is not only about keeping your own blog updated.. it's also about appearing in other blogs giving your personal opinions.

 

;By Blogger TI3GIB, at June 22, 2007 6:40 PM  
gAmjad
Nice try . I do agree, that it's a multi directional experience, but the way that would be excuted differs from the way that I KNOW you're talking about :D

Muscati
If you have the time to post at work, but not the tools, you can suggest opening up the internet as part of a 'work-friendly-environment-plan'. I know it sounds dreamy, but from I observed, big corporations love these ways to appear less 'evil' than they really are.

And .. Salamat.

NightFace
Tell me about it, your name in my feeds reader hasn't bolded even once in a really long time.

Schlogger.

 

;By Blogger muscati, at June 22, 2007 8:20 PM  
gTi3gib, I don't really have the time to post at work. What I used to do in the past is post by email. I keep the email open and write a little at a time throughout the day and then email it direct to Blogger by the time I'm done. But then that became very unpredictable. Sometimes it doesn't show up on the blog for a day, or sometimes never at all. So I gave up on that. I tried to email myself at home and then post it at night, but Blogger doesn't really like that and the script goes haywire and all the formatting goes to hell.

Where I work, we have an IT department that will never be net friendly. As far as they are concerned, if you're online at work then you are being unproductive and wasting time. They even send department heads monthly reports on their employees' bandwidth use and time spent online.

 

;By Blogger muscati, at June 22, 2007 8:46 PM  
gAnother thing, I've posted about this a lot in the past and never once got a good response. In fact people hate it when I bring this up. Oman doesn't just need more bloggers. What we need is more opinionated bloggers. Of course to get that we need more bloggers in the first place, because the serious ones will be a small percentage of the whole. Look at Kuwait for example, they have a huge blogging community. But the overwhelming majority write useless shallow crap. There are bloggers who write every single thing they do every single day. And it bored you to bits to read it. Today I went shopping and spent lots of money buying this or that, we went to lunch here, coffee there. Met my friends at the diwaniya. We watched shows we downloaded. I changed my phone and bought this. I'm so bored and can't wait till I'm in London or Beirut again. I think I'm gonna change my car. Yada yada yada. But then again there are some extremely astute bloggers there who are extremely switched on and doing things. Like when they organized the demand for the change in parliament last year, or women's right to vote two years ago. And even after the death of Sh. Jaber, it was bloggers who brought the whole truth of what was happening behind the scenes with the royal family.

Ok, Oman won't have anything like that. But for God's sake, from reading Omani blogs you'd think that Omanis have no politcal views or any kind of view of their countries at all.

 

;By Blogger TI3GIB, at June 22, 2007 10:50 PM  
gMuscati
First of all, I'd like to thank profoundly for taking the time to comment, as from what you tell, it's not as easy a task as one would think.

I do agree with you on the importance of effective content in blogging. It's vital that blogs have constructive aim in their writing, but that would only be accomplished if the blogging mechanism itself existed, which doesn't not anymore. Casual Blogging, is not the best kind of blogging, but it's better than non-existent-influential-profound-blogging.

And that itself is a little mystifying, considering that Omani people LOVE to bitch. We're generally very critical towards everything, and everyone has a story to tell or a different way to tell it that makes everyone else wrong.

Thanks again for your views.

 

;By Blogger Amjad, at June 23, 2007 2:22 PM  
gti3gib: Why don't you take this entry of yours to English Sabla or any other popular Omani forum so as much as possible people read it and discuss the thing? It's just a suggestion..

We seriously need more Omani bloggers and more people to be interested in keeping their blogs updated... It's really sad when we see how popular blogging is in Kuwait, Bahrain and KSA and here in Oman it's not as popular.

 

;By Blogger TI3GIB, at June 23, 2007 4:43 PM  
gAmjad
Feel free to do it yourself if you'd like that.

 

;By Blogger Amjad, at June 23, 2007 6:53 PM  
gti3gib: if you don't mind, I will do so.

 

;By Blogger Balqis, at June 23, 2007 7:15 PM  
gRegardless of the topics one likes to blog about, you need a stimulating environment to have a good production
That's why Oman comes last place among GCC bloggers
We are happy country with happy people : going to forums to flirt or to gossip is more than enough
End of the story

 

;By Blogger Arabian Princess, at June 23, 2007 7:40 PM  
gI insist that the reason why blogging is not popular is because few people beside students take internet seriously .. I mean, the students will be very active when they are at school and uni but after that they will start working and they will forget soemthing called the internet unless they want to research or check the emails.
I dont know whats the reason but maybe because the social life in Oman is very active? I dont know really .. but I agree with you .. its sad ..

and I am lazy blogger too :p

 

;By Blogger a7MeDiNo, at June 24, 2007 3:03 PM  
gLet's just say .. I'm on Blog Leave :D .. I usualy post once a week or once every 2 weeks..I have a lot to blog about .. but I promised my next post would be under a new template..

 

;By Blogger Suburban, at June 25, 2007 2:47 PM  
gGood subject.

For me, work was just too busy, and by the time I got home at night all I wanted to do was eat, put the baby to bed, and then sleep. Gloriously unemployed now I try to blog every other day... Depending on what's happening that's woth documenting.

There are a number of subjects I would like to blog about but won't for fear of bringing unwanted attention to myself. On a personal level there are a lot of folks out there that take things too seriously. Politically In Oman, I would say that governmental corruption or excessive criticisim of those in power are the "third rail" of local free speach. Touch it, and your dead.

I'm not really out to change the world through my blogging, it's more of an online diary, and thus principally for my own entertainment.

 

;By Blogger bathmate, at December 23, 2009 12:26 AM  
gThank you for your nice posting.
it is really helpful to us.
such a nice topics.

Bathmate

 

[Post a Comment]